Terms & Conditions
General Terms for All Projects and Programs
Proposals, Agreements and Advanced Payment
After a request is submitted, we will send you a proposal and terms. Once the quote is accepted we will send you a full, detailed summary and terms for you project. Your documents will be sent via email. Please fill out all required fields and return with your signature of acceptance and payment information. Your payment signifies acceptance of the terms provided during our initial consultation/correspondence. All payments must be made in advance of services rendered. If you add any requests for services to the original agreement, payment must be made in advance before Tania Meacher will begin those additional services.
Depending on you project, and upon approval by Tania Meacher, you may divide your project fee into monthly payments. Your first payment will indicate start of project, and your additional payments will be charged /auto billed 30 days from date of first payment until project fee and all service fees are paid in full. Payment plans may slow the delivery of services as payments must be made in advance of services rendered.
Tania Meacher does not issue refunds. If you decided to cancel you project or choose not to complete it, all deposits and monies paid are forfeited. Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, if the Client goes out of communication (no calls or emails made or responded to) for a period of 60 days or longer, project will be automatically considered cancelled. Client agrees in advance to not use Credit Card Charge Backs to receive a refund. This policy is enacted due to the intensively personal, customised nature of our work, the ‘behind the scenes’ activities upon the start of every project.
In order to keep our projects flowing and run our business effectively, our primary form of communication is via email. We may schedule an initial consultation (brief 30 min call) prior to sending you a proposal. Once your project has begun we will communicate via email with updates, mockups, questions, etc. If our initial consultation was done via Skype, please know that we do not respond to Skype unless we have a scheduled appt.
All items relating to your project will be confidential between the client and our team. We have the right to use your site in our portfolio. The client also agrees that all documents, checklists and processes provided by Tania Meacher are protected under copyright and are the property of Tania Meacher.
TERMS FOR BRANDING & WEBSITE SERVICES
The standard estimated completion time for Branding & Website packages is 3 – 4 Months. The Client will be given a time frame on the project based on what is included (ex: multiple requests for design revisions can add to the site completion time). There are also optional custom items the Client may choose to add at some point. Custom items will be done AFTER the initial project is complete and a new proposal will be created.
CANCELLATION BY CLIENT: Client may cancel the project by giving written notice of termination. In the case where Client terminates the agreement, any advance payments already made will not be refunded, and any fees not yet paid for work already performed will be due immediately. If payment has already been made in full by Client, upon cancellation any finished and approved designs and files will be delivered to client Unfinished or rejected designs will remain in the possession of Tania Meacher. Project will be considered cancelled if Client fails to communicate with Contractor for a period longer than 60 days unless requested and agreed to by both parties in writing.
CANCELLATION BY TANIA MEACHER: Tania Meacher may terminate this agreement for due cause by given written notice of termination. In the case where Tania Meacher terminates the agreement, Client has the choice to receive either 1) a full refund forfeiting all rights to use any brands or designs created, or 2) all pertinent project files plus a refund of unused portion of deposit. (This option includes layered source files.)
Training and Support
A short video training is included with each WordPress Website Design to help you with simple updates to your site. Additional maintenance and support is available for an additional cost upon completion of your site.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of the e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
First-party (IT Governance Ltd) cookies
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID–this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
- Page Number–this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID–this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test–this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
- Order–this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
Our websites will set several types of third-party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, gender, date of birth, occupation, employer information, photo, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address), preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- We collect log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Mobile Device Information
- We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site; we may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Tania Meacher takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your online account at any time by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that some information you provide through the Services may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the Services) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.